REPORT ON COUNSELOR’S SESSION – 27.11.2021
TOPIC: How to engage kids productively
PRESENTER: Ms. Kavitha Prabakar, Counseling Psychologist and Career Analyst
ORGANIZED BY: Parent’s team of the Strategic Planning Committee
DATE & TIME: 27.11.2021 between 11:00 am and 12:00 noon
The session was organized for the parents of KG to Grade 2. Total 53 parents attended out of the 67, who were willing to attend. The welcome note was rendered by Ms. Praveena.
Overall, the session went on very well. The parents were interactive and shared their views in the public forum. Feedback journals were collected at the end of the session.
- Childhood and its importance for future life.
- Childhood past vs present.
- Childhood in the 21st century and its challenges.
- Parenting challenges of the millennial kids.
- Why is being a kid so hard today and how to motivate the kids.
- Age-appropriate chores and activities to engage the kids academically and interest based.
- Importance of family time and practising certain family rituals.
- How to engage a single child.
- How QMIS is engaging the kids at school.
KG facilitator Ms. Lizzy gave a visibility to the parents on school engagements for the kids.
Ms. Dhanalakshmi, KG mentor shared her views both as a parent and a teacher.
Ms. Kalpana addressed the crowd and gave her personal experiences on parenting.
Mr. Bharath gave a final end note to the session by mentioning that kids should be allowed to cherish their childhood with flexible but firm rules.