Session on ICT- Integrating Teaching in Social Science -Report
Conductedby : CBSE, CEO,Chennai.
OnlineSessionDate : 28.05.2020
Host of the programme: Mrs.Indra Vijayakumar, CBSE, Resourse Person, CoE, Chennai.
No.of Participants : 65
Members attended from QMIS: Ms Shantha Kumari, Ms Archanaa Karthikeyan
Time of the session : 11.00 am to 12.30pm
Venue : Google Meet (Video conferencingApp)
Tools used by the host : Google Docs, Jamboard (Activities for the session)
Session in Detail:
- Started the session with the icebreaker activity which made us to share our online teaching methodologies.
- The objective of this session is
- To enable participants to adopt one of the blended learning model
- To create a space for experiential learning through virtual tour wherever it is applicable
- Some online teaching strategies discussed in the session are,
- Ancient Egypt Hieroglyphics – to introduce the topic
- Station Rotation Method – This can be used before introducing a concept
- Trending online strategy: Flipped classroom & Flip Grid
- using this, a pre-reading material is shared to the students to explore before the actual teaching begins
- Games using Jamboard, Super Spinner, Crossword/Word search
- Graphic Organizers – which can be used to revisit the classes through mindmap, timeline chart, storyboard
- Speed review game – which can be used to recall the topics and to know the understanding level of the students
- E-Portfolio – through which assignments can be shared
- Virtual tour – this can be used for specified topics so that videos can be displayed for better understanding of the concept.
- Finally the participants were expected to fill assessment form, feedback forms-attendance form.The forms were also shared through Google docs link in the chatbox.
Learning outcome of the session:
- Effective use of Google tools can make the technical learning more interesting.