Session on Teaching Pedagogy of Biology-Report
Conductedby : CBSE, CEO,Chennai.
OnlineSessionDate : 12.05.2020
Host of the programme: Mrs.Sudha Malini, CBSE, Resourse Person, CoE, Chennai.
No.of Participants : 120
Members attended from QMIS: Ms Gnanasundari
Time of the session : 02.50 p.m to 04.50 pm
Venue : Google Meet (Video conferencing App)
Tools used by the host : Google Docs
Session in Detail:
- Started the session with the quotes of Charles Darwin.
- The objective of this session is
- To implement the various teaching methodologies while teaching Biology.
- How to overcome the common challenges in teaching.
- The teaching challenges discussed in the session are,
- Planning and time management.
- Pedagogic approach
- Enrichment of content / resources
- Diverse learners
- Complex / abstract concepts
- Creating test items
- Errors and remedies
- Assessment and evaluation
- The difference between learning outcome and learning objective was also shared during the session.
- Application of Blooms Taxonomy was also discussed in the session.
- How a learning to be in the classroom was shared through “SMART” learning objectives.
- Some of the teaching methodology that were discussed during the session:
- Biology centered field trips.
- To share news items on medicine, DNA, the environment, population growth and other topics that biology touches upon.
- Plant a garden to learn about photosynthesis.
- Raise butterflies or other animals to learn about the life cycle.
- Dissect specimens to learn about anatomy.
- Test samples of store-brought yeast to see whether they are alive or not.
- Incorporate multimedia materials.
- Finally the participants were expected to fill assessment form, feedback forms-attendance form.The forms were also shared through Google docs link in the chatbox.
Learning outcome of the session:
- Effective use of teaching methodology to make learning moreinteresting.