Report on the session “Teaching Strategies and Methodologies in Mathematics”
Conducted By : CBSE, CEO,Chennai.
Online Session Date : 29.05.2020
Host of the Programme : Dr.Revathy Paremeawaran, Principal, P.S Senior Secondary School, Chennai.
Number of Participants : 92
Members attended from QMIS : Ms.Shalini & Ms.Mubeen Banu.
Time of the Session : 4.00pm – 05.20pm
Venue : Zoom Meeting Room
Tools used by the host : Power point presentation, Google Docs.
Session in Detail:
- The host started the session by asking few questions like how to make math class more interactive and innovative.Then she explained some strategies like how to use art and games in math class.
- She made us to do paper folding activity and thereby we came to know how fraction could be taught.
- She explained how to teach division using story telling, which was really interesting compared with the concrete method.
- Then, she explained how to teach solving word problem using Drawings,Number line,Tabular columns and also she discussed about few techniques to teach multiplication and factors & multiples concepts which was really informative.
- Finally the participants were expected to fill feedback form cum attendance form & The forms were also shared through Google docs link through mail.
- How to use different techniques such as art,games etc., in math class to make the students understand the concept in depth.