Queen Mira International School is now a CIS Member School. To create awareness on the same parents were invited on 28.10.17 to Hotel Heritage in batches. Ms. Sujatha Guptan explained that CIS is a global non-profit membership organization that provides services to primary and secondary schools, higher education institutions and individuals that share these ideals:
- A desire to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities to pursue their lives as global citizens; and
- A commitment to high quality international education.
CIS International Accreditation is an evaluation process that drives a school’s continuous improvement, through:
- Rigorous evaluation against internationally-agreed standards;
- A blend of support and challenge, focused on a school’s development; and
- A peer-based model that brings together international educators from across the world of CIS-accredited schools.
She also shared the journey of QMIS in this membership process. She explained in detail on what parameters the School is judged. Ms. Sheebha shared regarding staffing procedures and Ms. Jenni Thompson’s( School support and Evaluation officer) visit. Ms. Anita gave a briefing on the different committees like Strategic Planning Committee, Global Citizenship and Child Safety and Protection Committee.
Mr. Bharath explained how the Child Safety and Protection Committee functions and the different activities that the Committee has taken up to ensure safety and protection to all the students. Students representing the Student Council also shared their experiences with Ms. Jenni Thompson and earned a loud applause from the proud parents. The benefits of becoming a CIS member school were also briefed. A few parents who visited Ms. Jenni Thompson also gave their views and congratulated the School Management for the achievement.