Session on Gender Construct-Report
Conducted by : CBSE, CEO, Chennai.
Online Session Date : 15.05.2020
Host of the programme : Dr Mahesh Kadakalakkath, CBSE, Resourse Person, CoE, Chennai.
No. of Participants : 82
Members attended from QMIS : Ms Parasakthi, Ms Praveena Rajan, Ms Rohini Nethaji
Time of the session : 03.00 pm to 04.45 pm
Venue : Google Meet (Video conferencing App)
Tools used by the host : Google Docs, Google spreadsheet, Jamboard (Activities for the session)
Session in Detail:
- Started the session with the icebreaker activity sheet on Gender Equality.
- Gender awareness questionnaire was shared through Google Docs which was filled by the participants.
- Discussion on the questionnaire on the difference between sex and gender in detail. Sex is born factor and gender is societal factor. Gender factors are framed by people which is flexible and can be changed.
- Jamboard Activity: Jamboard link was shared to the partcipants through chatbox. Once logged in all the participants were able to edit the sheet. It was a colourful sheet. Host gave clear guidance for the usage of Jamboard. Participants were asked to fill the attributes of male, female & transgender in different sheets. There was a discussion on the defined attributes of male and female and also the need to change the customary beliefs of the same.
- Gender Biased language: Spreadsheet was shared through a link in the chatbox. Participants were asked to fill the gender-neutral terms for the given Masculine & feminine terms. Reflection of the activity was to use gender neutral terms in the classrooms and avoid any sort of stereotyped gender biased terms among the students.
- The session was completely activity oriented and kept all the participants engaged throughout the session.
- It was interactive and informative .
- Concepts on Gender awareness, Gender equality, Gender equity, Gender bias and gender neutral terms were dealt in detail through interesting activities and informative lectures.
- Finally the participants were expected to fill two feedback forms-attendance form & CBSE reflection form. The forms were also shared through Google docs link in the chat box.
- Participants got the assurance of receiving an E-Certificate through mail in a short period of time.
Learning outcome of the session:
- Gender equality is the need of the hour and teachers should learn to communicate with gender neutral language in the classrooms to create the innovative future generation students.
- Effective use of Google tools can make the technical learning more interesting.