Academics is just a dimension of the multi faceted vistas we offer in our “Holistic Personality Development” program, for our students. We help them realise their areas of strength, for them to shine better. Opportunities galore for our wards through scrupulously designed SEP. SEP is an umbrella, embracing matrix of physical and artistic activities for them to practice, shine and excel in the activities of their choice.
Co-curricular Activities: (CCA) Implemented along with the curriculum
Through co-curricular activities, we help our children to manifest their artistic skills. The array of activities at a glimpse:
Performance Arts: To discover and nurture a creative spirit while learning.
Choices: Bharatanatyam, Carnatic Music, Keyboard, Guitar, Drums and Western Dance
Martial Arts: To educate self defence thereby improving self confidence and self esteem.
Choices: Karate, Silambam, Taekwondo
Creative Arts: To bring out the creator in every child, through the medium of Art & to design their creativity through their craft work.
Yoga: A set of physical, mental and spiritual practices to instil self discipline, robust health and peace.
Swimming: An exclusive program to train the skills of swimming for the Early year program children.
Students are at liberty to select the field of interest they want to practice, besides Yoga, art & craft classes which are ineluctable. We have dedicated floor space for performance arts, with impressive acoustic and aesthetic set up.
Clubs @ QMIS
The platform to take your child’s learning “More & Beyond”
Club activities help the students to learn and practice skills that help them express themselves with their individuality. To nurture the talent of each QMIS’ian, the school has made extensive arrangements with the six fabulous Clubs that function with their own objectives.
- Erudite Club – To foster a flair for the linguistic skill of the children.
- Aagaram Club – To quench the thirst for the mother tongue learning with literary activities
- Heritage Club – To sensitize the students to explore the past by experiments and to preserve the values for the future.
- Science Club – To enable the learning of science through fun based activities
- Pop Corn Club – To foster creativity through Edutainment.
- Adventure Club – To build the children into daring and enduring individuals.
Sports @ QMIS
Extra Curricular activities (ECA):
- QMIS provides a range of extracurricular activities to meet the varying interests and needs of students daily between 3.00pm – 4.00pm. Designed to enable all round development, they give every student a platform to nurture their talents, which can turn into enduring hobbies. In the Sports arena, the school has facilities for football, basketball, tennis, volleyball, throw ball, swimming, cricket and athletics.
- Students have multiple opportunities to develop skills in competitive team sports while learning the responsibilities and leadership qualities of team play. In addition, students are introduced to several individual sports and encouraged to develop proficiency in them.
- Besides nurturing their athletic talents, this module inculcates a spirit of healthy competition and team work in students.
- Peruse the list of ECA activities, which the students can sweat in.
- Outdoor: Basket Ball, Foot ball, Volley ball, Throw ball, Cricket, Tennis, Athletics
- Indoor: Table Tennis and Chess
After school activities (ASA)
- When the diamonds want an extra shine, there is an expert hand in satiating the need. When the student wants to spend extra hours on the activity they love, after school activities are the suitable area they can drench in. This program is rolled out daily between 4.30pm and 6.00pm.
- Competitive fixtures are played against other schools in all sports and we also compete at National and Regional events. Within the school we hold house competitions and give fair opportunities for all students to build the spirit of teamwork and sportsmanship.
Communication: Young Learners Program
Cambridge English Qualifications are in-depth exams that make learning English enjoyable, effective and rewarding. The Cambridge program increases the opportunities for learners to enhance their communicative skill. This unique approach encourages continuous progression with a clear path to improve their language skills.
Resource Centre @ QMIS
The QMIS Library is well resourced and easily accessible. Centrally located, featuring large display and work areas and incorporating appropriate technology, QMIS library reflects the school’s overall commitment to student centered learning and to the provision of outstanding library services.In addition, the library subscribes to a number of newspapers, magazines and journals. Computer and audio-visual related materials are also available for the students to enrich their knowledge.
Life Skill Sessions
The key element in these sessions is preparing students to eventually become responsible young adults. These sessions enable adaptive and positive behaviour in students to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of life. They equip students to thrive in the classroom and in the world beyond. These sessions scaffold in building the critical and creative thinking, decision-making, communication skills of students as well, developing healthy relationships and positive self concepts.
We place a high value on learning about working as a team and the benefits of good behavior, so the School House System is an important part of student life.The House System is designed to embody the values and ethos of the school and aims to be an integral part of our school community. Our School Council and the Faculty work together in creating a stronger pupil voice to motivate students and further the community spirit of the school.
QMIS Student Houses are named after the ancient Indian scholars in Mathematics and Science viz., Aryabhatta, Bhaskara, Charaka, Sushrutha. Each house is led by the House Mistress for a year. The Captain and Vice-captain guide their teams on all fronts and play a vital role in leading their team to victory in all events. Participating in various inter-house competitions not only gives the students a chance to display their talent but helps them learn valuable lessons on team work and selfless service.
STUDENT COUNCIL, THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW
Student Council is a group of elected and volunteer students working together with an adult advisor within the framework of a constitution. This is to provide a means for student expression and assistance in school affairs and activities that give opportunities for students to experience in leadership and encourage student / faculty / community relations.
School’s Head boy and Head girl are elected through ballot system following the selection procedure of assessing their communication skill, problem solving and team developing skill. Students shortlisted through these steps submit their candidature for the election. The Nominees conduct an election campaign two days before the voting system. Graders 3 to 12 cast their vote and the Prefectorial members are elected.
ACTIVITIES OF STUDENT COUNCIL:
Student council effectively organizes events in the school, contributes ideas for the student welfare measures and also develops good relationship between the student community and all the other stake holders.